Weight Loss Goals

Monday, January 24, 2011

Update on how I'm doing and feeling

So, I've been posting food/exercise blogs for the last couple of weeks, so I figured it was time I write a little bit about how I'm doing and feeling.


I have been eating healthier now for about 22 days. I thought this was going to be harder than it is, because it always was in the past. I don't know if it's just my pure MOTIVATION to just DO THIS this time, or because of the fact that I truly am enjoying what I'm eating, but I'm not miserable at all. I'm more energetic and happy, already.
In 2 weeks I've lost 6 pounds and 3 inches off my waist.

I weigh every Friday and take measurements every other Friday. I'm always nervous but excited to see what progress I have made each Friday. The first week, I was discouraged to look at the scale and see that I only lost 2 pounds for the week. I was busting my butt the entire week! The second week I lost 4 pounds...That's more like it! (Update: I seem to be maintained about 2lb per week loss. Hoping to figure out what else needs to be done to try to make that 3 or 4.)


The other day, I went blog searching and followed a bunch of new people. I just want you all to know, I am watching you because you INSPIRE me. I need all of the motivation I can get, and you guys give it to me. Just knowing there are other people out there who are struggling with weight, and finally doing something about it, keeps me going. Especially those of you who have lost so much weight and are still losing weight, sticking to this and being strong! I'm proud of you! It just makes me excited to know that in a few months, maybe that WILL be me!

I hope you join my journey, as well. I need all of the motivation and encouragement I can get. Also, advice is something I wouldn't pass up on.  I know there are a lot of people who know, better than me, what they are doing and what it takes to learn how to eat healthy and stick to it.


So far, I haven't been craving any gross, disgusting greasy or sweet foods; although, since I can remember, I've been a sweet freak!


Just a reminder of what my diet consists of:

-No salt
-No unnatural sugars
-No Breads/Pasta's
-No Caffeine
-No fried foods
-Little to NO processed foods.
-Little to NO dairy (I had originally cut dairy out completely, but I do allow myself to have some cheese every now and then.)
-White meats over dark meat. I've been eating ground turkey, fish or chicken daily. I RARELY have beef, pork, or any other "dark" or "red" meat.
-Water, water and more water.


And, if you are like me and just always thought about losing weight but said "Oh, maybe Monday" and that Monday always turned into the next Monday. Start now! Why start something later you can start now? It's better to get rid of the weight now than to keep eating junk and packing the pounds on. :)

Join me on my journey!



1 comment:

  1. OOOooooh!!! lol Its kind of like the atkins diet. Be aware though if you add some of those things back in your diet you can add lbs back :( my friend did the atkins and gained more than what she was when she stopped because she decided she was gonna eat regular again.I kept telling her this can't be a diet to maintain your weigh loss this has to be a life change!! not a diet!!!!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete