Weight Loss Goals

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Beginning - An Introduction

Hi! I'm Ashley.

I've recently just gotten really fed up with being over-weight, and I decided I needed to seriously do something about it! I started eating healthier and doing simple exercises about 3 days ago. I'm doing great so far.

I'm 23 years old. I've been on diet kicks numerous times in the last 5 years, and it always ends up the same way. I get really motivated and I start a diet, and then I lose my motivation and just quit.

My diets have mostly been really extreme - such as, when I was 18 or 19, I started a "diet" where I would only eat one meal a day, and that consisted of a very small salad, half a toasted sandwich, a kids lunchable OR a small tv dinner. I drank nothing but water, and only ate one of the items listed above daily. I also worked out 2 or 3 times a day. I did this for weeks and was losing a pound a day. It was extremely hard, and painful since the hunger pains crept up daily. Not to mention, when I finally got sick of not eating, I just went crazy and gained back more than I lost. I know NOW this is absolutely not a healthy way to lose weight. The idea of losing a pound a day was intriguing to me and I didn't care if it was healthy or not. Now, I know there are ways I can still lose a pound a day, but actually be eating meals, and living a healthy lifestyle.

So, here I am. I've decided to cut out all of the following items from my diet:  Dairy, Salt, Unnatural Sugars, Breads, Caffeine and Fried foods. This hasn't been hard so far, but I imagine the craving for nasty foods will start creeping up on me and make this harder as time goes by. I'm here to keep myself from giving in to those urges.

I want to fight the cravings and learn to live a healthy lifestyle. I want to eat lean, healthy foods and ENJOY them. I want to crave the good, healthy snacks and meals, rather than the snicker's bars and double cheeseburgers. I CAN do this.

My will to lose weight has to out-weigh my will to eat unhealthy and gain weight, and I'm going to document it all here. From the beginning of each day, I'm going to open up a notepad document and log everything I eat for the day, aswell as my fitness for that day, etc, and then i'll post it here at the end of the day.

I am inviting you all to join me on my journey. Also looking for a motivation team! Which means, if you are also starting a healthy plan of your own to lose weight and feel great, or even have already been on one and want to offer words of wisdom, join blogspot and be a part of the team!

0 comments:

Post a Comment