Weight Loss Goals

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

So, as most of you know, I've been maintaining about a 2lb per week loss every week, which is great, don't get me wrong... but I'd love to make that 3 or 4 pounds per week. I'm trying to figure out what I can do to change that. Even when I was exercising every day, I seemed to still maintain about 2lb/week. What I am thinking is that I need to cut my meal portions down. I really don't eat that much but.. well like last night I had 2 taco's instead of the 3 I usually have, and I was completely satisfied with just the 2. I need to start getting less to start with and then if I am still hungry, get a little more... rather than getting more than I need and then finishing it all because my mind tells me I have to.

So that's my goal for the rest of this week and on, I'm going to pay attention to how much food I am getting and get what I -need- and not what I -want- or feel like I'm gonna need. I'm usually pretty good with eating slow, taking 20-30 mins to eat each meal, so I need to stick with that as well, and chew more.



                                                  - Meal/Exercise Log For The Day -


Wake up time: 10:05am


10:55am - Breakfast. Fruit & yogurt cereal with added chopped pecans in almond milk.



1:00pm - Work out. 30 squats, 50 crunches & Hip Hop Abs 30 minute fat burning cardio.



2:05pm - Lunch. 2 ground turkey/low carb whole wheat tortilla taco's with guacamole and picante sauce.



7:40pm - Snack. Approx. a serving of cashews.



8:20pm - Dinner. A ground turkey patty with some tomato and avocado slices on the side and a small salad with ranch.




I think I lost my exercise motivation when I started doing the 30 day shred. Yeah, it's only 20 minutes, and yeah, she kicks your ass and you FEEL it... but it was boring. It was painful and boring. It seemed to take forever to get done with it and it was just annoying. I did hip hop abs today and it was fun. You're "dancing" and you're moving and the 30 MINUTES just seem to fly by. Sure, it might not work as well as the 30 day shred but it's something I can stick to and do every day, and it'll help... where-as I just dread the 30 day shred and end up quitting after 3-4 days. I'm not saying it's not good, I'm pretty positive it'll get you in pretty good shape in those 30 days if you stick with it.. It just isn't for me right now, and that's okay.


9 comments:

  1. be careful. Don't want to end up with saggy baggy elephant skin cuz you lost too fast. Just be healthy, a 2 lb loss is more than a lot of people get. You'll get there, be patient. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I definitely don't want saggy skin. That's one reason I need to start working out every day again.. or at the least, a few times a week. I'm hoping since I'm only 23 that I can be saved from some of the saggy skin stuff. I actually am pretty satisfied with 2lb a week, I just want to make sure I hit my summer goal on time, and earlier would be AWESOME. After that, 2lb is great! I plan on sticking to this for the long run. Thanks. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. stick with toning exercises to make sure you don't sag but 2 lbs is the safest weigh loss and the one that seems to stay off longer. It is actually unhealthy to loose drastic amounts of weight each month. I think I was told anything over 4 a week is unhealthy unless for instance week 1 you loose 5lbs week 2 you loose 2 lbs week 3 you loose 4 lbs and week 4 you loose 2 again. I have done something like this on WW and the woman told me that was great but never try to go over 5 a week.

    Also as for working out thats great you found another routine. Just keep searching and you will find something else that sparks your attention. I love kickboxing maybe you should try that once. And walk on top of any exercised you are doing. I have read walking burns belly fat and fat in general while toning your body. I walk and do stairs on my walk sometimes. I also do kickboxing and pilate's which help majorly with toning.

    About your food though if you already do not eat that much don't cut your meals back just try to add what weight watchers calls power foods to your meals. Power foods seems to speed up your weight loss and keep you full at the same time. If you was a list of power foods let me know and I will email them to you. Great job as always though, keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, would love to have a 3-4 lbs loss each week, but I can't seem to do that even though I track everything and workout every day. I just take what I can get because, in the big picture, @2 lbs a week = @104 lbs lost in one whole year (and not so much saggy skin).

    Win-win! You're doing great as it is. Focus on that happy stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, 2lb is good, I'm pretty content with it... I don't even really care for a 4 pound loss a week, but 3 would be cool. Last week I was close to 3, so that's pretty good. I'm definitely not complaining. I could be gaining or just maintaining, so at least I'm actually losing. :)

    I downloaded zumba last night... I hear of a lot of people that do that and love it, so I will give it a shot.

    Also, Kim, I think I have the fat-girl mentality still, where I get more food then I really need sometimes. It doesn't take much to get me satisfied but I'm so USED to eating a lot that I still put "more than I can chew" (no pun intended!) on my plate sometimes and even though I get satisfied before my meal is gone, I finish it because I think I have to since I already got it. That's a bad habit, so I'm trying to break it. :) And yes, I'd love a list of the power foods.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Ashley,

    One thing that worked for me and my wife was to go for an hour walk at night. Nothing crazy, just walking at a decent pace. It burns a few calories and for me it kept me from snacking.

    On the baggy skin thing, I was freaking out at first when I met my goal. I lost 18 inches off my stomach and I was sure I would have the loose skin forever. After 1 year of maintenance it's almost gone. Truth is, I didn't ever think I would reach my goal and when I did I was so happy it didn't seem like that big of a deal. You'll get there!! So PROUD of you.

    Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Walking is a great idea, Ryan. Actually, I need to walk every day and I would if I wasn't babysitting mon-thurs. I think next week I will take the kids walking with me and see how it goes. If it goes well, I can do that everyday.

    Wow! Nice to hear about your loose skin going away on it's own, without surgery. That's pretty amazing! I'm not too worried about loose skin right now, but hoping it doesn't happen, or at least not too bad.

    Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you lose weight too quickly, you will lose some muscle which you definitely do not want. The amount of muscle on your body affects your resting metabolic rate - the rate you burn while sitting still. People who lose weight too quickly lose some muscle, then when they gain back their weight, it is all fat. If this cycle is repeated very often it becomes more and more difficult to lose weight because muscle was lost with each of these cycles. Each pound of muscle on your body requires about 35 calories a day just to maintain itself. A pound of fat takes about 3 calories a day. You want to lose your fat without jeopardizing your muscle and that means no more than 2 pounds a week consistently. Don't make me come over there! :-) -Myra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Myra. :) I guess explained that way, it does make sense. I'm just so anxious for summer and for my summer goal that I want to lose as quickly as possible, lol, but yeah I definitely want to lose -fat- and not muscle. I want to keep it off!

    ReplyDelete